Lesley University. Cambridge, MA
Master of Education, Museums and communities: A place-based perspective, 2010
Self-designed degree focusing on the changing educational and social role of cultural institutions. Emphasis on place-based and service learning, community collaboration, and diverse perspectives.
Western Washington University, Fairhaven College. Bellingham, WA
Bachelor of Arts, English, Creative Writing Concentration, 2002
Massachusetts Audubon Society, Broad Meadow Brook Sanctuary, Worcester, MA
Natural History Guide, Environmental Educator II 2007 – Present
• Design and lead state wide adult bird watching trips and school and youth programs.
EcoTarium, Worcester, MA
Museum Educator / Business Development, 2011-2014
• Create and lead school based and public programs
• Connect with area schools and educational organizations to build relationship and increase visitation
Worcester Art Museum, Worcester, MA
Outreach Coordinator, 2005 - 2011
• Schools: Supervise staff, manage all planning, and budgets for school based programs funded through 21st Century Learning Center, Expanded Learning Time, and Community Development Corporations.
• Teachers: Design and lead professional development workshops for K-12 teachers. Oversee multi-district Professional Development Partnership and collaborate with regional educational networks.
• Community: Coordinate off-site art programming, develop partnerships with area organizations, senior centers, and social service providers.
• Scholarship Coordinator: Place 400 youth ages 3-17 in classes through endowed scholarship fund.
This is MYCITY, Canterbury Street Elementary School, Worcester, MA
Lead Instructor, 2007-2008
• Taught semester long curriculum on city history, government, and civic engagement to 5th grade students.
Citizen Schools, Boston, MA
Teaching Associate, 2004 - 2005
• Lead instructor in Boston Public Middle School after school program. Responsible for homework coaching, professional skill building activities, campus wide data curriculum, evaluations, lesson plan development.
Fuller American Craft Museum, Brockton, MA
Education Intern: Curriculum Development, 2004
• Developed and published teacher curriculum for the "Trashformations" exhibition.
Anacortes Museum, Anacortes WA
Special Projects Coordinator, 2002-2004
• Public Programs and Exhibitions: Assisted in planning, research, writing and mounting, “Roots and Pathways: A Celebration of Island Cultures”. Created website design project with high school, developed and lead creative memoir writing workshop with seniors, and assisted in professional documentary video on the history of the local fishing industry.
• Development: Wrote and received grants from Humanities Washington, Anacortes Parks Foundation, City of Anacortes Tourism Board. Researched ADA compliance, and AAM Accreditation.
City of Anacortes Historic Preservation Board, Anacortes, WA
• Supported successful application for City’s Certified Local Government Status, scheduled events, oversaw board records, communication with city, board members, and the public.
Guemes Island Historical Society, Guemes Island, WA
Founding Member, 2001-2004
• Administered initial survey of historical resources, created oral history program and archive, facilitated public forums, and assisted in all aspects of developing a non-profit corporation.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT, BOARD INVOLVEMENT, & CERTIFICATIONS
New England Environmental Education Assocation - board member 2013 - present
Massachusetts Environmental Education Society, board member - 2010 - present
EPA Educational Grant, reviewer 2013
ArtsWorcester, board member, 2007 - 2012
Massachusetts Cultural Council, YouthReach grant panelist - 2012
Worcester Cultural Coalition, executive board member, 2011
Worcester Arts Council, commissioner, 2009 - 2010
Big Brothers, Big Sisters, mentor, 2002 - 2008
Red Cross CPR and First Aid certified, 2010